Electrical Maintenance Fundamentals – Level Two (1-102)
Class Capacity (Group)
Upon completion of this course, the student should be able to:
- Safely use a multimeter and other basic electrical test equipment.
- Identify information and components in electrical drawings and schematics.
- Explain the function of the relevant electrical and system components.
- Identify operational issues affecting system uptime.
- Identify, describe, and explain various types of electrical motor failures.
- Safely preform electrical troubleshooting of single phase, three phase, and direct current electrical motors.
- Identify, describe, and troubleshoot Variable Frequency Drives (VFDs).
- Identify, describe, and troubleshoot Programmable Logic Controllers.
- Identify, describe, and troubleshoot field devices.